Budapest , sponsored by Caboodle and Budapest Agent
Budapest is one of best located towns in the world. Heavy river of Danube divides 2 millions city into two parts: highland part named Buda and lowland part named Pest.
- it was settled 50 000 years ago, but its only 125 years holding its todays name, because until 1872 it was devided into 3 separate parts: Obuda, Buda and Pest
- under its hills there is a large cave syst?and its 80 thermal springs are supplying 12 spa places with70 millions litres of water per day
- to its construction monuments belong the ancient 2000 years old Roman amphitheatre, 400 years old Roman spa and typical secesse buildings from the end of 19th century.
- The total view of Budapest usually connected with Paris or Vienna- is created by elegant palaces - The largest building of Parliament in Europe built more than 100 years ago consisting of 691 rooms dominates to Pest Quay of Danube
- Traffic in Budapest is offering lots of rarities: first metro line connected City Centre with a Garden Park one hundered years ago and at Buda hills there is a railway for kids
- There are 237 cultural monuments, 223 musueums and galleries, 40 theatres, 54 cinemas, 7 concert halls and 200 entertainment places with various programs